Ourika valley day trip from Marrakech
Explore the Ourika Valley in the High Atlas Mountains on a full-day trip from Marrakech. See traditional Berber homes and visit a women’s argan oil cooperative. Cool off at stunning waterfalls and stop at roadside souks.
About this activity of Ourika valley
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Book now and pay later
- Duration 10 hours Check availability to see departure times.
- Live Tour Guide English, French, Spanish, Arabic
- Pick-up included Pick-up from your hotel or riad in Marrakech. you will be asked to come to the nearest meeting point, If your accommodation is not accessible by car,
Day trip to Ourika valley Highlights
- Drive the scenic roads of the Atlas Mountains and Ourika Valley
- See Berber villages and houses clinging to the hillsides
- Visit a locally run women’s argan oil cooperative
- Visit a typical Berber market (Thursday and Monday only)
- Be amazed by the natural life of the Setti Fatma waterfall
Experience the beauty of the Ourika Valley up-close on this full-day scenic tour from Marrakech and escape the bustle of the city for the day. The Ourika Valley is the nearest day trip to Marrakech, but it’s not just its convenience that makes it special. Drive towards the Atlas Mountains, admiring the beautiful landscape of green meadows and authentic Berber villages from the 16th and 17th centuries. If you’re visiting on a Monday, you can even stop at a roadside souk. Admire the orchards, vegetable terraces, and villages clinging to the hillsides. Marvel at the work undertaken by the Berbers who lifted materials to build small houses on the mountainside and worked the terraces in a harsh environment. Continue along the Valley of Palms, following the Ourika River. Fruit trees, small hamlets, riverside restaurants, and the summer homes of the wealthy will keep you busy. Go to Setti Fatma to smell the refreshing waters. Feel the sea spray on your face as you cool off from the African heat, with the locals of Marrakech making it their favorite weekend getaway.
1-hour walking tour on the Berbers with a local guide
3-Transportation by modern, air-conditioned car or minibus
4-English and French-speaking driver
What to bring
Know before you go
Please note that this tour is not recommended for children under 6 years old